PVF Grant Applications are available to individuals and non-profit organizations wishing to apply for: educational assistance; research; training; or the improvement of safety within the maritime industry, as these apply to the U.S. in particular where these apply to the U.S. Domestic Passenger Vessel Industry. Further consideration will be given for careers, research, and safety-related efforts that are affiliated with the Passenger Vessel Association, whether in the realm of vessel operation, design, construction, regulation, vendor or service provider. The PVF Scholarship program is intended to promote professionalism, safety and opportunity within the field for those individuals currently employed, or who wish to become employed, in the segment of maritime service represented by U.S. domestic passenger vessels. Preference for Grants will be given to PVA members, member employees and their families.
Scholarship Grant Mission:
- To conduct and disseminate research and educational studies and make recommendations on questions of common interest to the US-flagged passenger vessel industry.
- To provide education to improve and develop the capabilities of those persons who have an interest in the US-flagged passenger vessel industry.
- To provide educational scholarships for individuals who support the interests and objectives of the US-flagged passenger vessel industry.
- To develop programs of public awareness that address the issues of concern to the industry, including but not limited to environmental, business, and maritime issues.
- To engage in any other conduct permitted by an organization exempt from taxation under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as amended.
Please note that all grant applications require the employer or sponsor to complete the reference form.